Bret Menicke's Catalog of Transferable Skills
I have successfully held leadership positions in the Boy Scouts of America as well as on my high school and college lacrosse teams
I am a hard worker who is self-motivated and sets personal goals that I try to improve on.
I can coordinate service projects to help the community
I can put together group trips, from transportation to food to housing
I can coach and am currently a high school lacrosse coach
I am able to manage my time in an affective manner
I can handle complaints and seek for the highest level of customer satisfaction
I have the ability to teach others
I am able to use computer software programs:
Microsoft Word
Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft PowerPoint
Final Cut Pro (and most other editing programs)
Adobe Photoshop
Garage Band
I am able to do research and prepare materials
I am a quick learner and can adapt to situations
I can communicate effectively and actively listen
I have the ability to compile statistics and compare data
I can collect and handle money
I am a keen observer and pay attention to details
I can work quickly while producing precision work
I am creative and can promote/market
I know there is always room to improve
I know how to take inventory
I can monitor progress and can converse with others about our progress
I have a ‘can do’ attitude
I have the ability to follow directions
I am understanding of others
I am able to work with a team
I can entertain others
I can thrive in all different social settings
I am athletic and have good hand eye coordination
I am able to do heavy lifting
I have the ability to install ceiling fans, light switches, outlets
I am able to build skateboarding obstacles (Mini half pipes, launch ramps, boxes) as well as sheds, indoor walls, outdoor bars and benches
I have good survival skills
Friday, June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bret,
ReplyDeleteHow do you plan to use your list of transferable skills? Did you find doing this exercise to be helpful? If I ever need someone to build a skateboard obstacle I know who to call. :) I think that you could instead list this a transferable skill- i.e. you have strong carpentry and mechanical skills.
Hey Bret,
ReplyDeleteWow! You have a lot of skills that would look great to potential employers. It sounds like you are an athletic, social, hardworking person with good leadership skills! Have you ever thought of making a website to showcase these skills in an easier way? This could potentially show the skills you have working with computers. This would also be an easy way for employers to look at the other skills you have. On this website you could give examples of times you have shown each skill. You could even put pictures of things you have built or fixed on there. With all of these skills you definitely have many job opportunities out there!
Brent,
ReplyDeleteYour collection of transferable skills are astonishing and any organization will be lucky to have you as their employee. Your grasp for technology and computer programs will lead you far, as most employers want new employees to be almost experts. I was also amazed to hear your creative skills in building skate board ramps. It seems you have two paths to follow if one does not work to your liking. Good Luck!
Josie
Hey Brett, I’m Troy! It looks like you have thought about all your unique skills. That’s good to know and review before an interview. It is also great that you have been in the boy scouts, something employers like to see. For me it’s always hard to think of what I am good at. But when I put it down on paper I come up with more ideas. I also think it’s great that you played sports, and were a team player. I have been asked many question about my extra circular activates in jobs. Looks like your heard in the a good direction.
ReplyDelete