Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week 8

Looking back at my internship, I can say that I really enjoyed my time and learned many new things. I had never worked in retail before and had not thought of retail as something that I would be interested in the future, but I really enjoyed working at the store. I have been looking for a new job in order to start a career and have been taking jobs in retail into account more than I was before my internship.What I personally found to be the best part about my internship was being able to work along side the owner of the business and take from them what they had learned during their process of starting their own store. I was able to see the day to day duties performed by the owner and saw how much relied on what they did. I realize how important it is for a person who wants to own their own business to have extensive knowledge on how a business runs and all the aspects of business that have made other companies fail. I was also able to learn the different aspects of a retail store and what needs to be done in order for a store to run smoothly. The company that I have been working for has only been in business for a year and is about to expand for its second time. I find my self fortunate that I was able to work for a company that is doing so well in our current economic state and it gives me hope that I will be able to start a business venture of my own. Overall I found my experience at my internship to be a positive one. I never ran into any problems with my mentor and everything went rather smoothly. I feel that I have gained much needed experience from my time working and that I am better prepared for what ever my next business venture is. I have taken a job where I interned for now and am looking for a new job out of state. Without a doubt in my mind, my experiences through my internship will be beneficial to my next endeavors.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that your internship helped you to gain valuable job experience and insight into owning your own business. Good luck with your job search.

    ReplyDelete